Monday, August 27, 2007

Wedding Day post

I have just recently Wed the most wonderful woman I have ever met and now I figure why not get it from my prospective.

My day started at 0630 I woke up with my love.

We got up and got dressed to go and set up the Reception site as it was not available the night before made for a early morning.

0800 get to the reception site and start to set up the decorations. This was a good distraction as it gave me something else to think about as my stomach had more butterfly's than we had at the wedding site.

All finished at 0930 and Chloe had left an hour earlier to get her hair done and preparations at Noreen's home some 30 miles away from our home.

Breakfast at McDonald figured a good breakfast may feed the butterflies and calm them down good thing as I did not have anything till much later. We also stopped by a local shop to pick up a neat surprise for Noreen and family.

1030 Back to my place and time to shower and primp and prepare for our ceremony. I had originally planned to get ready with the guys but then changed my mind and decided to do it alone it gave me a few minutes to center and prepare myself for the day. My best man had brought his RV up and the others had gotten dressed there. That left me alone with some of our fur babies.

1125 all dressed and shaved and prepared Chloe's brother Angus picked me up to meet up with the other groomsmen at the RV and head to the Wedding site we also had to prepare for everything there set up decorations and some minor sound equipment (thanks to Mike and Angus).

1200 Traffic was a nightmare why do Cites decide to do renovations on major roads during the day and take up 2 of 3 lanes?

1215 get to the wedding site carry up wedding stuff to the 3rd floor and start set up Thanks again to Mom and Dad and Angus Bill and Mike and Sean for helping . We string about 1500 Butterfly up and over the seating area from the arbor














1220 forgot some of the decorations Crap panic O no must get (my groomsman Angus is a reliable dependable and smart man) he made it in time back to my place and return in record time.

1230 set up mostly done and now we wait.

1 pm takes a wonderful series of shots of our guests and the site using my camera.
greet our guests and give out wedding favors some really cute Butterfly bubble blowers and shake hands and chat with our guests (it is our day I figure keep busy or my personal butterflies will take over)

1 15 pm Angus returns he rocks

1 28 pm 2 min till the start of the formal wedding ask everyone to take their places and to turn of Cellphones

130 deep breath it is starting my butterflies are just racing
Somewhere out there plays it is a song with deep emotional significance for me and love billows up and a few tears slip down my cheek

I see my big sis come down with my fur baby ring bearer and the Meghan and Allie come and finally.

My wife with her mom and dad to At last by Etta James.
I compose my self and marvel at her Stunning is the first thing that pops in my head what a lucky man I am to marry her.

Then our the world only consisted of one person the woman in the white dress

I was so focused on her that the whole thing was just her and me.

It was magical next we did the signing the license and some more meet and greet with Friends and Family.

2 pm pictures down stairs after the tear down it was fun we even had some scavenger hunters there it was fun.

330 pictures finished and off to home to prepare for the evening and take more care of our fur babies

550 Arrive again at the reception site this time dressed to the nines with my wife and we had a wonderful evening with our friends and family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your day with us. We wish you many many years of love and laughter. Nice pictures :)

maitrilibellule said...

Clancy,

Both you and Chloe looked divine and it was a GORGEOUS and magical wedding. All my best to you and Chloe for the beautiful life I know you will have together.

Big sweet hugs all around...

Maitri

Anonymous said...

That's lovely, Clancy! I will post a link on my blog!
So happy to have you as my second son- love you :o)
Mum (aka Noreen)

Unknown said...

Clancy: Thank you for sharing your very special day with us. You are a beautiful man. Best wishes for many many years of love and laughter and some tears (to make the love and laughter even better). Hugs Essie from Australia

Sandi said...

Hi Clancy, I blog with Noreen. Beautifully told. Thank you for sharing your love for your beautiful wife.