Saturday, August 4, 2007

Weaving

I have just recently started to weave on a Harrisville back strap loom. I must say it is not as easy as it looks. Admittedly I was a novice at it for the first half hour but I took to it like a duck to water. It is a very wonderful experience. By no means do I think I am a expert but if I need to make myself a nice strap for something I know that it is possible. The little weaver in me was tickled to play with the loom and shuttle and just let go for a while sure I made some mistakes but I did some wonderful weaving to.
I did this for two reasons.
1 to bring you a better shuttle that can serve you better.
2 to have a bit of a quality control point than I can test and evaluate each design before I present them to you.
Well I will get back to my work bench.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always said you are a weaver, Clancy! LOL!
And, indeed, you did take to it like a paddlepuddler to the l'eau!
Happy Weaving!
hugs
Noreen